I am thankful for: Family; Pamela, Sarah, Jenna, Hannah, Jonathan and Aaron, Hedy and George, my sister Maureen, Billy, Caitlin and Ryan. Love Friends (too numerous to mention here. I am blessed) Music Faith Great food (turkey, cheeseburgers, crockpot, BBQ, steak, anything that swims, chicken, pork roast, and on and on) Blue skies Poetry […]
It was many years ago that me, Pamela and Sarah (3 years old?) went to my sister’s house for a Christmas Eve visit. At that time, my sister and her husband lived 10 minutes away with my niece Caitlin, 2 months shy of her 3rd birthday. Two 3 year olds on Christmas Eve, how […]
‘Christmasness’ is just a silly word I made up for this post title. I have successfully made it through another Thanksgiving and will now wade through the infinite complexity of Christmas with all its meaningless verve and endless commercial fluff. For me, this is a season that has lost all meaning. Period. A-freekin’-men. I have […]
Be safe, be well, be happy [@Thanksgiving] ~m
98% of people say ‘Oh Shit!’ before going in the ditch on a slippery road. The other 2% are from Massachusetts and they say, ‘Hold my beer and watch this!’ *I usually say, “Put on your seatbelt. I’m going to try something. I’ve only seen it done in a cartoon but I think I can […]
mE. cOOkING gOOD. sTUFFING. hAPPY tURKEY dAy, aLL ALL nONSENSE, sUCH aS mE mUST bE THE iMPeNDING dOsE oF tRYPTOpHAN . . . Got a kick out of my malfunctioning CAPS key tonight. Have a great Thanksgiving everybody.
It was a cold, brisk November night several weeks ago that Pamela and I went out to dinner (a rare occasion), not an expensive “date” by any means; a burger and a shared salad along with a few Shipyard Pumpkin Ales which were quite good, one or two and you’ve had your fill of this […]
The next few days will find me laboring in the kitchen. Not a great time for blogging. I’ve had a few great ideas over the past few days but they won’t see the blog until sometime next week. Please be patient. I may be around, I may not. But don’t get too excited. A Happy […]