Aug 16th
Sunday

food, Dad's Diner, recipes

I’ve wanted to keep a record of personal recipes for my daughters to cook
when I’m someday reduced to a room temperature dish of Fettucine-al-Dead-o, or Face-Planting the Meringue maybe even pushin’ up the perpetual parsley.
Something about food that’s familiar is quite simply
comforting with a capital C.
I began thinking about a small book of some sort but that idea fizzled.
A blog made more sense as it’s something I can just keep adding to as the years go by and I come across more recipes.
Click on the picture above and check out Dad’s Diner.
Eat at Dad’s where you’ll live forever and the cheeseburgers are to die for.
As always, I’ll leave the lights on for ya . . .  ;)

Ralph's Diner, food, cheeseburgers

ps. special thanks to Maureen for helping me get this up and running.

• Lynn says:

Great recipes….can’t wait to try them. Somehow they’re better when you make them, I bet.
    You have some lucky girls!

Fire up the stove and get ready to say, “BAM!”
    I’m a lucky Dad . . .
    Stop by the Diner often, okay?
    Tanks, kiddo.

• Jenna says:

I meant to ask you for that website. Thanks Dad :D

You got it, kiddo.
    {smooch}
    ~Dad

• Sarah says:

yeahhh soooo why didn’t i know about this prior to like 3 days ago?? i’m still waiting on spaghetti and meatballs….or just my lesson in making it. (the sauce and meatballs…i can handle the pasta part) let’s make it happen.

It will happen my crazy little meatball.
    No worries.
    ~Dad

• Lynn says:

Oh I forgot to add that Ryan is obsessed with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. He and Tim smoked ribs on the grill for dinner tonight and Ryan had to add it….he puts in on hamburgers, hotdogs…….
    thought you’d get a kick out of that.

Very hard not to get excited about Sweet Baby Ray’s.
    It is possibly the best BBQ sauce on the market.
    I’m thinking Ryan had a religious experience with the stuff? :mrgreen:
    Enjoy . . .

• PiedType says:

What a fabulous idea! It was my very great misfortune to visit the diner while already very hungry! I’m positively drooling for some of the BBQ right now.

Get out the crockpot, PT
    It’s so easy, it’s ridiculous.
    Make sure to use Sweet Baby Ray’s!

.-= PiedType´s last blog ..Speaking of typefaces =-.

This baby is 99.9% yours, ~m…I did little.
    Looks fabulous BTW!
    Congrats on your newest baby sunshine…
    :mrgreen:

p.s having the moroccan salad and dressing tonight, with some lamb..minus the little black suckers of course
    **gag**

Just posted a recipe for SwizzleBurgers.
    Thinking you’ll be in heaven.
    Fire up that grill!
    And throw some shrimp on in case Pam and I happen to waddle over . . . ;)

.-= anonymum´s last blog ..Dad actually cooks very well =-.

Those all sound scrumptious. Glad you made it public.

It’s been in the making for so long it was about time.
    Thanks for visiting it, Lolly.
    Much appreciated.

Neither you or Pam are anywhere near waddling, unlike some of us who simply cannot say no to a good cheeseburger!
    And let me say those damned Swizzleburgers are NOT going to help my cause…
    :roll:

They are awesome, aren’t they?
    A great burger is a thing to treasure . . .
    Too bad I never made them at the Cape

.-= anonymum´s last blog ..Dad actually cooks very well =-.

• Deborah says:

Maureen did a great job with the blog design. I agree with you about Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce. Mmm-MMM!

Can’t wait to try the Swizzleburger recipe. :)

Sweet Baby Ray’s rocks!
    As do the Swizzleburgers . . .
    Thanks, Deb

.-= Deborah´s last blog ..A Much-Needed Getaway =-.