Dec 1st
Monday

tree

It all began back in 1986 when I was living the life of a ‘musical’ Riley.
That, however, is a post for another day.
I used to write songs for my wife as unique Christmas presents.
After sending a few of them on to a dear friend, she suggested (ever so gently) that I make an attempt to sell my wares.
Clearance from my wife and a link to PayPal has opened up a channel of commerce, so to speak.
The CD is a compilation of ten songs written and recorded exclusively by me.
Accompanying each CD will be liner notes for each song, with my personal thoughts and wishes for each.
CD’s will be ready to ship immediately.
10 tunes, pure Christmas, pure me.
There’s also an added bonus track this year, an instrumental called ‘Waltz for Mel’ written for another dear friend for the wedding of her daughter.
I guess you could do worse and order a Britney Spears Christmas CD.
Click on the street musician below or the Santa hat in my sidebar.
Feel free to pass the link on to someone you know that likes sappy original compositions.
Actually, the songs are quite nice, imho.
If you’re interested but want to hear something first, let me know.
I have a tune ready to be sent via email.
If you have Itunes installed, even better.

fatcat

and another small piece of the enigma we all know as “~m” falls into place….
    i’ll go and have a look…i’m looking forward to it :-)

I really like this comment.
    It makes me feel kinda like Agent 007…

• debambam says:

Ok, I’d love one, do we get a preview of the songs? Or titles? Or something?! You won’t think me some crazed internet stalker if I buy one of these will you :)
    Kelly

Already taken care of…

• debambam says:

Purchase has been made. I can’t wait for it to arrive :)
    Kelly

Thanks, Kell!

• SnotSucker says:

Don’t you just love the digital age? Best of luck in your endeavor. I may have to pass and purchase the Brittany CD, she goes out without underwear ;)

I downloaded one of her pics and I think my ‘puter picked up an STD…

• pooftha says:

No way-I will stop by to get my copy and pay with cash!
    I’ll bring a 20, you keep the change.
    Let’s hook-up!

• KellyTOO says:

Sappy? Sold! Can’t wait to hear it!

I thank you very much, Kelly2.
    Copies should be on their way very soon.

• Oh this is going on my shopping list for sure. I can’t wait!

Hurry up, they’re goin’ fast! 8-)

• carnealian says:

You sent me one of your songs a while ago. It was beautiful and I would be willing to bet I bawled over it. Good for you for compiling and selling!!!

If you need to cry some more Carn, you could always order a copy.
    Beats watching General Hospital… ;)

• Oh Michael, I am so glad you are finally doing this. Your music is so wonderful it needs to be heard.
    sarah

Thank you so much, Sarah.
    By the way, I really loved your story David’s Angel.
    It reminded me of someone I know quite well.

• Micheal, please send me a sample if you don’t mind. I’d love to hear it, although Sarah’s got me pretty much sold already :-) .

On its way, SP. . .

• Sarah says:

thanks for pimping my story. glad you liked it.
    sarah

No thanks needed for the pimp.
    It was wonderful.

• […] I took me to a blog written by a gentleman by the name of Michael. He seemed to be a bit funny, a bit serious, had tonnes of friends who sent him funny things via e-mail and could write extremely well. After reading a few of his archives over the course of several days, I blogrolled him and starting leaving comments. I’ve never once regretted doing that.  Since that time I’ve been privy, along with his ever growing reader base, to those bits of himself and his life that he cares to share with complete strangers via his blog. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading his writing, his views and experiences. He’s been a friend to me in a way you wouldn’t have thought possible considering we’ve never met. If I ever wrote anything negative on my site, his was the first e-mail in my inbox asking “Hey kiddo, you ok? You need to talk, I’m here.” And he has been. During some of my darkest moments, his words of encouragement and support helped immensely… He recently announced on his blog that he had a cd for sale….’Do we get a preview??’ I cheekily asked so he promptly sends me one of the songs via email. I got about a minute into listening to it before heading over to order one. The song was called “For my girls” and it gave me goosebumps. I don’t know whether thats because I know just how much feeling he puts into his writing, and that shone through the song, or whether because I was sitting there wishing that someday, somewhere, someone would feel that way about me, and me them. It could have been because both musically and lyrically, it’s a fantastic song. Probably all three […]

• krkbaker says:

ok well i guess i want to hear a sample too then
    you got my email address with my comment, no?

cool
    kim

• whythulc says:

I’ll chime in here and ask for a sample as well, although, I’m pretty sure I have my mind made up already. :)

Sent.

• Moe says:

Well I can tell you where your first order is coming from this year!
    :mrgreen:
    Yes Moe!!!???
    :wink:
    And no, I don’t need a sample…I already have one…in fact, I have the original!

• If I weren’t at home, broke and unemployed, I’d be on the list of ‘excitedly waiting by the mailbox for your cd’ folks, but it’s just not in the stars for me. Perhaps next year. I love Christmas music. What a cool thing to share with the world. Your own music. Very cool. Very cool indeed. :D

Tanks, Pete.
    Check your email.

• kaylee says:

I’m not sure that I can take your music ;)

Have you ever heard me?

• Grimm says:

Being one of those who own this great CD, I will say that it is well worth the cost.

The man has some pipes! And shows that his ability with words came long before this blog.

How do I love thee Grimm?
    You are a true bud and a great promoter.
    Thanks, man.
    Still waiting for those chocolate buckeyes (?) the wife was going to send though.
    I went into insulin shock just looking at them.
    Thanks for the positive review.
    I appreciate it greatly.

I agree with Grimm. Since I already have two of these – one for the house, one for the car – I’m now waiting for the new stuff. ; ) {hint, hint}

You are a wonderful fan.
    I truly appreciate it.
    New stuff may happen after the new year.
    We’ll see . . .